Registered Behavior Technician (Riverside)
If you welcome adventure, have a curious nature and a compassionate heart, aren’t afraid to get down on the floor to engage in play with children, and long to make a meaningful difference in the lives of families living with autism — then we’ve got a place for you. Comprehensive Autism Center (CAC) is seeking Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT) who brings equal parts compassion and clinical skills to families in Riverside County, North County, and North San Diego County.
CAC focuses on providing research-based and data-driven applied behavior analysis (ABA) therapies, programs, and services for families who have young children diagnosed with development delays and Autism Spectrum Disorder. CAC puts compassion into expert clinical care. We do what we do because we are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of children and families who are learning to live — and to thrive — with autism.
Through an innovative hybrid approach that combines individualized in-center and in-home 1:1 therapy, we meet each child where they are developmentally, and strive to help them acquire the skills needed to live happy and productive lives. We see the child, not the diagnosis, and collaborate with families to move beyond the diagnosis. We’re looking for aspiring Behavior Therapists who share this passion and philosophy to make meaningful and impactful change in the lives of children.
At CAC, you’ll have the extraordinary opportunity to connect with exceptional children one-on-one. You’ll have the opportunity to bring comfort, hope, and joy to overwhelmed parents. You’ll see children do and accomplish things no one ever thought possible — and know you played a pivotal role in that growth. You’ll be helping miracles happen, on a daily basis. If you’re ready to embrace the adventure, then CAC has a place for you on our team.
CAC is currently seeking part-time (15-20 hours plus/week) Registered Behavior Technicians available to work weekday afternoons from 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. We currently have openings serving Riverside County with a starting rate of $15.00 – $17.00/hour.
Behavior Therapists will provide one-to-one behavior treatment to young children living with autism and development delays in their homes, schools, and in the CAC center. RBT’s travel between clients’ homes, schools and the center, typically traveling at least 30 miles a day. As a RBT, you’ll be supplied with a structured, research-based curriculum to guide your therapy session with each child.
First and foremost, you’ll need a big heart and an even bigger desire to see children and families living with autism thrive. Applicants should also meet the following criteria:
- Have or be close to finishing a bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Child Development, Education, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 12 completed semester hours of college coursework in psychology, education, social work, behavior sciences, human development, counselor, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, or related fields.
- Experience working with children.
- Reliable transportation, proof of auto insurance, and a clean driving record.
- Fingerprint and FBI/DOJ background check clearance.
- Ability to provide proof of TB clearance.
- Have a willingness to commit to CAC and the families we serve for the long-haul — this should be your calling, not just a temporary job.
Why work with us?
At CAC, we’re focused on building up Behavior Therapists — not on burning them out. We’re here to support you in your professional goals and want you to be a long-term, contributing member of our team. With a much higher than average retention rate, our therapists become loyal members of CAC family. Here’s why:
- Mentorship You’ll complete this hands-on training under the mentorship of experienced BCBAs and BCABAs who provide real-time feedback and guide you toward becoming the most effective Behavior Therapist you can be. You’ll learn from the best Clinical Supervisors in the field, including our Clinical Director who brings more than 20 years of ABA field experience.
- Real-World Experience You’ll have the opportunity to complete your clinical hours in a real-world therapy setting, working hands-on with children and families whose lives you’ll be helping to improve.
- Access to Latest Research and Technology You’ll have onsite access to the latest research and data to hone your behavioral therapy approaches. You’ll also have access to hand-held technology for real-time data collection to support your development as an effective Behavior Therapist.
- Florida Institute of Technology Partnership Through our innovative and unique partnership with the Florida Institute of Technology (FIT), we have onsite ABA experts available to answer your questions, mentor you, and provide the latest research and data that’s directly applicable to your clients as well as professional goals. We offer pathways for employees who desire to pursue their BCaBA and BCBA.
We value and take care of our employees, with competitive and attractive benefits including:
- Medical/dental/vision health coverage reimbursement, life insurance, and 401k plans for those who qualify.
- Paid sick time accrual.
- 90-day perfect attendance bonus.
- Reimbursement for RBT certification.
- Paid training.
- Opportunities to apply to our Florida Institute of Technology (FIT) Master’s program and Board Certified Behavior Analyst (B.C.B.A.) internship.
- $10/hour compensation for drive time.
- Standard mileage reimbursement.
- Monthly gift card incentives for great performance.