Comprehensive Autism Center (CAC) is leading the exploration in Southern California for innovating one-to-one Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy in a Center Based model, in addition to in home programs. CAC focuses on providing applied behavior analysis programs and services for families who have young children ages one to pre-teen diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other related developmental delays. CAC provides the clinical expertise to help children living with autism develop critical skills needed to reach key milestones and lead happy, productive lives.
As part of the team at Comprehensive Autism Center, the primary responsibility of this position will be to collect, calculate, and process data related to the payroll and billing functions of the company. The Accounting Specialist will help cultivate daily miracles by supporting the accounting department through genuine compassion, relentless spirit, ethical grounding, as well as playful qualities. This individual will provide support to the organization by providing efficient and effective processing of both payroll and billing.
- Supports the Mission and Values of Comprehensive Autism Center.
- This position requires the utmost confidentiality.
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information to employees by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Performs audits on employee schedules to ensure compliance of hours as well as PTO/Sick time.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Responsible for accurately reviewing, preparing, and processing insurance claims from billing through final resolution payment.
- Enhance collections efforts to enrich the overall AR performance and steady flow for insurance billing by analyzing trends, researching discrepancies, and resolving billing issues.
- Consistently conduct internal audits to ensure billing accuracy.
- Responsible for follow-up and maintaining various tasks such as payments, reimbursement, denials, appeals, payer issues, etc.
- Exceptional customer service and quality assurance when making collections calls and following up with clients/vendor regarding delinquent payments and billing errors.
- Support Senior Accounting Specialist to conduct and develop collection metrics, monitor ongoing progress and recommend solutions accordingly.
- Achieve and exceed departmental goals as assigned by actively participating in department meetings and implementing initiative and strategy.
- Timely and accurate reporting, data entry, organized filing, and record keeping.
- Perform special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates creativity, uses feedback to modify designs, and demonstrates attention to detail.
- Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently, gathers and analyzes information, develops solutions, works well in group problem solving situations, and uses reason.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively, listens and gets clarification when necessary, responds informatively to questions, demonstrates presentation skills, and participates in meetings.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses, pursues developmental opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, and shares expertise with others.
- Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, and makes timely decisions.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, and applies feedback to improve performance.
Safety and Security
- Observes safety and security procedures, determines appropriate action beyond guidelines, and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, and able to build morale and group commitments to objectives.
We value and take care of our employees, with competitive and attractive benefits including:
- Medical/dental/vision health coverage reimbursement, life insurance plans, company 401(k) plan
- Ongoing paid training.
- Paid professional liability insurance.
- Use of company iPads, computers, and laptops.
- Standard reimbursement for drive time and mileage.
- Employee discount program
- Paid Sick Days/Paid Time Off-for those who qualify
- Great place to work due to culture, benefits and playful work environment!